Benefits to All Multiagers
Helps students take more responsibility for their own
behavior and their own learning.
* Is built on continuous progress for students rather than the repetition of steps of grades.
* Provides developmentally appropriate activities (age and individual) for children.
* Involves a holistic approach to instruction.
* Is child-centered rather than test-driven.
* Encompasses the philosophy of "Success teaches Success".
* Is designed to encourage collaborative learning (students) and planning (teachers).
* Affords each child the opportunity for success through whole group instruction, small group instruction, and center activities.
* Is based on flexible grouping of children.
* De-emphasizes age and competition.
*Gives children the chance to learn from each other through modeling.
* Is grounded on active learning and exploration.
* Helps to build self confidence in children.
* Recognizes that children develop at different rates and learn in different ways.
* Fosters positive peer relationships.
* Enables children to seek own level for learning and social interaction.
* Provides peer tutoring opportunities.
* Provides opportunities for children to challenge themselves to higher levels.
* Provides a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of young children.